Experienced Lyft Accident Attorney In Atlantic City, NJ Provides Legal Counsel, Guidance, And Representation Services For Rideshare Accidents In Atlantic County And Throughout New Jersey
The NHTSA’s traffic safety stats project that up to 40,000 people will have lost their lives in motor vehicle accidents in the United States by the end of the year. Although Uber and Lyft accidents represent only a small subset of these figures, they can be just as dangerous as any other type of road accident. However, what makes Uber and Lyft accident claims more difficult to handle and harder to pursue is that rideshare companies such as Uber and Lyft do not own the vehicles – nor do they employ the drivers – that run on their platforms. This means fighting for compensation from these entities is not as straightforward as it may seem. If you or a loved one was involved in an accident with an Uber or Lyft driver, contact our experienced Atlantic City Uber accident lawyer for assistance with your case.
Get The Most Compensation For Your Uber/Lyft Accident Case
If you were hurt or sustained losses of any other kind in a vehicle accident that was caused by another driver, you would normally file a compensation claim against the insurance provider of the at-fault driver. However, if that driver was driving for a rideshare company such as Uber or Lyft, you cannot file for – nor will you win – the compensation you may otherwise be entitled to unless you can prove how, when, where, and why the accident occurred. From there, based on specific clauses that make up Uber and Lyft’s insurance policies, you will be bound to seek compensation of different limits based on the specifics of your case.
For example, in an effort to make it easier for people to recover compensation for accidents caused by Uber and Lyft drivers, New Jersey recently passed laws that require these drivers to carry various insurance minimums. The minimums that apply all depend on when an accident occurred. For example:
If a driver is not logged into their mobile application, then only the driver’s personal auto insurance coverage will apply, and you cannot seek compensation from Uber, Lyft, or their insurers.
- If a driver is logged into their mobile application but has not yet accepted a ride request or is not actively transporting a passenger, then they are required by law to carry a minimum of $50,000 per person/$100,000 per incident in death or bodily injury insurance, as well as at least $25,000 per incident for property damage.
- If a driver has accepted a ride request or is actively transporting a passenger and then causes an accident, then they are required to have at least $1.5 million in coverage for death, bodily injury, and/or property damage.
Mr. Camili provided excellent service […] I highly recommend his firm.Hatije Kazaferi
Anyone who is in need of legal representation should contact Camili & Capo. This guy knows what he’s doing!Enver Mustafoski
His team has always gone above and beyond for me and my clients. I would highly recommend his firm to everyone.Besfort Ramadani
Lyft Accident Attorney Atlantic City, NJ Handle Complex Rideshare Accident Claims
Our Lyft accident attorney in Atlantic City, NJ is here to help you navigate the complex landscape of rideshare insurance law and accident compensation. We will help you understand your rights and will walk you through your options for pursuing compensation based on the specific circumstances surrounding your accident. Whether you were a passenger in a rideshare vehicle when the rideshare driver was negligent and caused an accident or an occupant of another vehicle that was hit by a reckless rideshare driver, or if you were a passenger in an Uber or Lyft and were hit by another driver, we will:
- Investigate your case to recover the evidence needed for filing a claim;
- Identify the at-fault parties responsible for the accident;
- Determine the sources of compensation available to you (such as Uber or Lyft’s insurer, your auto insurer, or even your personal health insurer);
- File a claim with the insurance company and aggressively seek a fair settlement that covers your expenses, injuries, and accident-related losses;
- Prepare your claim for a courtroom trial if a settlement cannot be reached.
- $88TWork Injury
- $35TSlip and Fall Accidents
- $20TCar Accidents
Schedule A Free Initial Consultation With Camili & Capo, PA Today
For assistance with an Uber or Lyft accident case, we are the go-to legal team for residents of Atlantic City, NJ. We have years of experience handling personal injury and rideshare accidents of all kinds, so leave your case to the capable hands of our dedicated Atlantic City Uber accident lawyer by contacting us today. We only collect if you win your case, so do not hesitate to reach out to us for assistance with your ridesharing accident.