Experienced Vehicle Injury Attorneys In Totowa, NJ Help Innocent Victims Fight For The Compensation They Are Legally Entitled To After Suffering Injuries In A Motor Vehicle Accident In Passaic County, Hudson County, Essex County, Bergen County, And Throughout NJ
Motor vehicle accidents cause thousands of deaths and billions of dollars worth of damages every year. Catastrophic injuries are highly common in motor vehicle accidents, and you may find yourself unable to work or to get around independently for a long time after sustaining personal injuries in a motor vehicle accident. You do, however, have the legal right to file for compensation if your accident was caused by the negligence or reckless actions – or the dangerous inaction – of another party. At Camili & Capo, PA our New Jersey motor vehicle accident lawyers can help you evaluate your damages, identify the at-fault party responsible for those damages, and get your life back on track after an accident. Contact our team today to learn how.
Types Of Motor Vehicle Accidents In New Jersey
At Camili & Capo, PA our motor vehicle crash attorneys in NJ handle all types of motor vehicle accident claims, including:
- Car accidents
- Fatal car accidents
- Boating accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Taxi accidents
- Uber Accidents
- Lyft accidents
- Bus accidents
- Distracted driver accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Fatigued driving accidents
- Rear-end accidents
- Whiplash injuries, and other head & neck injuries
- Uninsured & underinsured motorist accidents
- Vehicle rollover accidents
- Car accidents in construction zones
- Tire blowout accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Commercial vehicle accidents
- Tractor-trailer accidents
- And more
If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident and believe that a third party’s actions caused the accident, contact our offices today for help.
Mr. Camili provided excellent service […] I highly recommend his firm.Hatije Kazaferi
Anyone who is in need of legal representation should contact Camili & Capo. This guy knows what he’s doing!Enver Mustafoski
His team has always gone above and beyond for me and my clients. I would highly recommend his firm to everyone.Besfort Ramadani
Accidents Involving Large Commercial Motor Vehicles In New Jersey
According to the U.S. Department of Transportation, there are roughly 150 million automobiles in operation in the United States. About 15 million of these motor vehicles are classified as commercial motor vehicles. Semi-trucks, dump trucks, tractor-trailers, 18-wheelers, big rigs, delivery vans, construction cranes, bulldozers, cargo trucks, cement mixers, limousines, and various categories of pickup trucks can be classified as commercial vehicles.
Large commercial motor vehicles can weigh over 120,000 pounds – 20 times heavier than the average passenger car. Due to their size and the time it takes to bring a moving truck to a stop, commercial vehicle accidents frequently involve multiple vehicles and are more likely to lead to fatalities than a standard car and passenger vehicle accident.
Any accident involving a motor vehicle can be classified as an auto accident. However, accidents that are commonly associated with commercial vehicles, include:
- Rollovers, which occur when a vehicle rolls over after striking an object and tipping over or turning too quickly.
- Jackknifes, in which the brakes of a tractor cab lock, causing the cab to turn in an acute angle with the trailer.
- Undercarriage and underride accidents involving small vehicles that collide with a truck from the rear or side, becoming stuck under the truck in the process.
- Side-impact collisions involving commercial vehicles are common, in particular because long trucks require a wide turning berth and have long blind spots that can make it difficult to see smaller vehicles in hard-to-see places.
- $88TWork Injury
- $35TSlip and Fall Accidents
- $20TCar Accidents
Common Causes Of Motor Vehicle Accidents
Determining the cause of your motor vehicle accident is an important first step in seeking the compensation you are legally entitled to. The New Jersey motor vehicle accident lawyers at Camili & Capo, PA can assist with this process. We can also help by gathering evidence, identifying the at-fault party responsible for your accident, and quantifying your losses.
The leading causes of motor vehicle accidents in NJ are as follows:
- Negligence, including speeding, reckless or aggressive driving, driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, fatigued driving, and distracted driving. Distracted driving includes texting and driving, eating or drinking while driving, using devices behind the wheel, or interacting with other passengers.
- Road and vehicle issues such as poor road or vehicle maintenance, worn parts, tire blowouts, brake failures, broken brake lights, improperly loaded cargo, poor or missing road signage, inadequate lighting, slippery or uneven surfaces, and dangerous curves.
- Other factors such as errors made by other drivers, cutting a driver off, driver inexperience, narrow lanes, and unfamiliarity with a certain area.
Common Losses And Damages That Our Vehicle Injury Attorneys In Totowa, NJ Can Help You Recover
Motor vehicle accidents can sometimes cause catastrophic injuries. These include amputations, varying degrees of paralysis, and wrongful death. Other personal injuries that are common in motor vehicle accidents include:
- Injuries to the head and spinal cord
- Broken and fractured bones
- Injuries to nerves, muscles, tendons, and ligaments
- Soft tissue damage
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
- Lacerations, bruises, and burns
Depending on the severity of your injuries, you may require long-term treatment, including:
- Extensive diagnostic testing
- Long-term use of medication
- The use of assistive devices such as wheelchairs or crutches
- Long-term therapy and rehabilitation
- Multiple doctor’s visits
Personal injuries can take weeks or even months to recover from, and you will likely lose work income during this time, placing you and your family under considerable financial strain. Depending on the insurance coverage you have, you may have to pay many treatment expenses yourself. Our dedicated New Jersey motor vehicle accident lawyers fight to ensure that innocent victims are fairly compensated for their losses and that you file for whatever fair compensation the law entitles you to.
Contact The Experienced New Jersey Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyers At Camili & Capo, PA Today
Camili & Capo, PA is here to assist you with your New Jersey motor vehicle accident case. Please contact us for a free, no-obligation case evaluation. Our passionate and empathetic team of vehicle injury attorneys in Totowa, NJ have helped countless victims win compensation for their losses, and we can help you identify the parties responsible for your accident, gather the evidence needed to build a case, and quantify your losses. Do not hesitate to reach out to us today.