Knowledgeable Forklift Accident Attorneys In Totowa, NJ Represent Workers Injured On The Job In Passaic County, Hudson County, Essex County, Bergen County, And Throughout NJ
While forklifts help workers greatly increase their productivity in the workplace, these pieces of equipment also pose a serious hazard of injury when operated in a careless or reckless manner. Whether you were injured in a forklift accident in the course of your job, or you were hurt by a forklift while merely an innocent bystander near a workspace, you may have options for recovering financial compensation to help pay for your medical expenses and lost income from missed time from work. Our New Jersey forklift accident lawyers can help you evaluate and pursue your legal options.
At Camili & Capo PA, we know that you deserve to receive financial benefits and compensation after being injured in a forklift accident. Unfortunately, insurers will always look to limit their liability to you, paying as little as they can get away with for your benefits and compensation. With our New Jersey forklift accident lawyers in your corner, insurers will know that you are prepared to fight for the financial recovery you deserve.
If you were hurt in a forklift accident at work, don’t wait to start the process of obtaining the financial resources you need for your recovery. Turn to our firm today for a free initial case evaluation to learn more about what our forklift accident attorneys in Totowa, NJ can do to help you seek the compensation and accountability you want and deserve.
Common Causes Of Forklift Accidents In NJ
Some of the most common causes of forklift accidents include:
- Lack of operator training, or allowing untrained and uncertified employees to operate a forklift
- Speeding, including turning corners at high speed
- Driving with an elevated load
- Inadequate communication between forklift operators and nearby workers
- Inadequate inspection and maintenance
- Lack of or non-functional lights and sirens on a forklift
- Horseplay, including operators trying to perform tricks or carrying passengers
- Operator carelessness when operating forklifts on narrow ramps or around loading docks
- Unsafe workplace design, including having narrow aisles or not separating forklift travel paths from employee workspaces
- Operator fatigue
Mr. Camili provided excellent service […] I highly recommend his firm.Hatije Kazaferi
Anyone who is in need of legal representation should contact Camili & Capo. This guy knows what he’s doing!Enver Mustafoski
His team has always gone above and beyond for me and my clients. I would highly recommend his firm to everyone.Besfort Ramadani
What Are Your Legal Options After A Forklift Accident?
If you were hurt in a forklift accident, you may have multiple legal options for recovering compensation for your injuries. For example, if you were injured by a forklift while at work, you may be entitled to file a claim for workers’ compensation benefits. Workers’ comp can provide you with financial benefits that include:
- Payment for all reasonable and necessary medical treatment, rehabilitation, and pain management care for work-related injuries
- Partial wage replacement if you are temporarily or permanently disabled from returning to work or earning the same level of income you did prior to your injury.
- Disability benefits which provide financial compensation if you suffer a permanent partial disability but still can work.
- Vocational rehabilitation to retrain you for another job you can perform within your physical limitations.
- $88TWork Injury
- $35TSlip and Fall Accidents
- $20TCar Accidents
Under certain circumstances, you might be entitled to file a personal injury claim for a forklift accident. While an employee who is injured on the job by a forklift accident can only file a workers’ comp claim with their employer, they may have a personal injury claim in addition if the forklift accident occurred due to a defect in the forklift. An innocent bystander who is injured by a forklift may also be entitled to file a personal injury claim. A personal injury case can provide financial compensation for:
- Costs of medical treatment and rehabilitation
- Long-term care costs, such as for home health services or home renovations to install accommodations for physical disabilities
- Lost wages or income, or loss of future earning ability
- Physical pain and emotional distress.
Let Our New Jersey Forklift Accident Lawyers From Camili & Capo PA Work To Obtain Fair And Full Compensation For You
Ensuring that you get the full compensation you may be legally entitled to after a forklift accident can be a complicated process. Turn to one of our New Jersey forklift accident lawyers at Camili & Capo PA for help in:
- Evaluating your legal options for recovering compensation, including your eligibility to file a claim for workers’ compensation or to pursue a personal injury case.
- Investigating the accident, in conjunction with accident reconstruction and safety or engineering experts, to determine what caused the accident and who may have liability to you for your injuries.
- Documenting your expenses and losses so that you know how much money full compensation in your case looks like.
- Filing your claims with the relevant parties and insurance companies, pursuing settlement negotiations where appropriate to get you the financial resources you need as efficiently as possible.
- Going to court if litigation becomes needed to hold responsible parties accountable to provide you with the benefits and financial compensation you may be entitled to for your forklift accident injuries.
Contact Us For A Free Initial Case Evaluation To Learn More About Your Legal Rights And Options From Our New Jersey Forklift Accident Lawyers From Our Legal Team
When you’ve been injured by a forklift accident in New Jersey, contact Camili & Capo PA today for a free, no-obligation case review to learn more about how our Forklift Accident Attorneys in Totowa, NJ can help you pursue your legal options to recover compensation for your injuries.