Aggressive Criminal Lawyer In Paterson, NJ Fights For The Rights Of The Accused In Passaic County And Throughout New Jersey
Being charged with a crime can feel unreal. Overwhelming. Terrifying. And while your head is spinning with this reality, you may not be thinking about your rights. But don’t worry — at Camili & Capo, PA, we are thinking about your rights. In fact, each Paterson criminal defense attorney at our firm aggressively fights to protect those rights every step of the way through the criminal process.
Contact Camili & Capo, PA today for a free consultation to discuss your criminal charges with a knowledgeable Paterson, NJ criminal lawyer and learn more about your legal rights and options.
Trusted Paterson Criminal Defense Attorney Has Extensive Experience Handling All Kinds Of Criminal Cases
If you or a loved one has been charged with a drug offense, you want a criminal defense attorney who has experience fighting drug charges. If you were charged with assault, you need a criminal attorney who understands the different types of assault charges in New Jersey. In short, you want someone who knows what you are up against and has the experience to successfully defend you against the charges. That’s what you get with Camili & Capo, PA — a trusted Paterson criminal defense attorney with extensive experience handling all kinds of criminal cases including — but not limited to — any of the following:
- Assault Charges in Paterson, NJ
- Theft Charges in Paterson, NJ
- Robbery Charges in Paterson, NJ
- Motor Vehicle Theft in Paterson, NJ
- Larceny Charges in Paterson, NJ
- Shoplifting Charges in Paterson, NJ
- DUI/DWI Offenses in Paterson, NJ
- Juvenile Criminal Offenses in Paterson, NJ
- Domestic Violence Charges in Paterson, NJ
- Violation of Restraining Orders in Paterson, NJ
- Drug Offenses in Paterson, NJ
- Weapons Charges in Paterson, NJ
- And more
Wondering how Camili & Capo, PA can help your case? Let us tell you. Arrange for a free, confidential consultation with an experienced criminal defense attorney.
Mr. Camili provided excellent service […] I highly recommend his firm.Hatije Kazaferi
Anyone who is in need of legal representation should contact Camili & Capo. This guy knows what he’s doing!Enver Mustafoski
His team has always gone above and beyond for me and my clients. I would highly recommend his firm to everyone.Besfort Ramadani
New Jersey’s Legal Time Limits For Filing A Criminal Charge
All states have legal deadlines for filing claims, which are known as statutes of limitations. In New Jersey, there are several statutes of limitations for prosecutors to bring criminal charges against an individual. These legal deadlines depend upon the type of criminal offense, and are as follows:
- Murder or manslaughter: a prosecutor may bring charges at any time; there is no legal time limit for these crimes
- Certain felonies such as crimes of bribery, official misconduct, and other related offenses have a seven year statute of limitations
- For other felonies, the statute of limitations is five years
- Misdemeanors — including disorderly persons offenses and petty offenses — have a statute of limitations of one year
- In New Jersey, if a person is facing pending prosecution for the same conduct, or if an individual is fleeing justice, then the statute of limitations does not run
Prominent Paterson Criminal Defense Attorney At Camili & Capo, PA Skillfully Defends Clients Charged With Criminal Offenses Throughout New Jersey
When you are facing a criminal charge, you want every tool at your disposal to fight the charges against you. At Camili & Capo, PA, a prominent Paterson criminal defense attorney will use all available resources to develop a strong defense — including drawing from Krenar Camili’s years of experience as a former New Jersey prosecutor.
With knowledge, insight, and skill, Camili & Capo, PA protects the rights of the accused and works tirelessly for a successful outcome in each case. To learn more about how a dedicated criminal lawyer in Paterson, NJ can help your case, schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with our legal team today.
About Paterson, New Jersey
Paterson, New Jersey is the county seat of Passaic County and is also the largest city in the county, with approximately 146,893 residents. In Paterson, the greatest number of crimes reported to law enforcement in 2018 were property crimes, with 3,564 incidents reported. This was followed by crimes of larceny/theft, with 2,326 incidents reported to law enforcement in 2018. Violent crimes totaled 1,076 incidents reported to law enforcement in 2018, followed by 797 reported burglaries in Paterson. There were 532 robberies reported to law enforcement in Paterson in 2018, along with 482 reported aggravated assaults and 441 reported motor vehicle thefts. In Paterson, there were 49 rapes reported to law enforcement in 2018, along with 13 incidents of murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, and eight reported arsons.