Knowledgeable Weapon Charge Lawyers In Totowa, NJ Defend The Freedom And Future Of Clients Facing Gun And Weapon Charges In Passaic County, Hudson County, Essex County, Bergen County, And Throughout NJ
Gun and weapon-related charges are among the most strict of any state in the country. Being convicted of many firearms offenses in New Jersey can subject you to harsh prison sentences, which under the state’s Graves Act may include mandatory minimum sentences. Even if you don’t commit a violent offense and have no prior criminal history, you could still be facing the prospect of years in prison before being given the chance at release if you commit one of the many different kinds of gun and weapons offenses in New Jersey. When your freedom and future are at stake from a potential conviction on weapons charges, you need aggressive legal representation from our experienced New Jersey gun crime attorneys who will fight to get you the best possible outcome in your case.
With Camili & Capo, PA, you can trust that you have a battle-tested criminal litigator who is ready to stand by your side. As a former New Jersey prosecutor, Krenar Camili, Esq. and Joseph Capo, Esq. knows how the state prepares criminal cases and can identify the weaknesses in the prosecution’s case to build an effective defense strategy on your behalf. Don’t settle for anything less than one of our weapon charge lawyers in Totowa, NJ who has the experience and confidence to advocate on your behalf in court and before a jury.
Contact Camili & Capo, PA today for a free initial case evaluation if you’ve been charged with guns or weapons offenses to go over your rights and options and to learn more about how criminal defense attorney Krenar Camili, Esq. and Joseph Capo, Esq. may be able to help you secure a favorable outcome in your case.
Common Weapons-Related Charges In New Jersey
The lawful possession and use of guns and weapons is strictly controlled in New Jersey. Only certain guns and weapons may be lawfully possessed by citizens, and in most cases people must obtain licenses or permits to purchase and possess various types of weapons. Accordingly, there are multiple criminal offenses that outlaw various types of possession of guns and weapons in New Jersey, including:
- Possession of prohibited weapons and devices, including sawed-off shotguns, silencers, defaced firearms, switchblade knives, daggers, stilettos, billyclubs, metal knuckles, or ballistic knives, or armor-piercing ammunition
- Possession of weapons for an unlawful purpose, defined as the possession of a gun or weapon (including an imitation firearm) with intent to use it unlawfully against another person or property
- Possession of a weapon in the course of unlawful activity, including while in possession of controlled dangerous substances
- Unlawful possession of a weapon, including possession of a machine gun without the appropriate license, a handgun without obtaining a carry permit, or a rifle or shotgun without first obtaining a firearms purchaser identification card; also includes possession of weapons (including imitation firearms) on the grounds of a school, college, university, or educational institution
- Possession of a weapon by certain persons not to have weapons, which prohibit possession of weapons by persons committed of a violent criminal offense or of a disorderly persons offense involving domestic violence, or by persons who are subject to domestic violence restraining orders
Mr. Camili provided excellent service […] I highly recommend his firm.Hatije Kazaferi
Anyone who is in need of legal representation should contact Camili & Capo. This guy knows what he’s doing!Enver Mustafoski
His team has always gone above and beyond for me and my clients. I would highly recommend his firm to everyone.Besfort Ramadani
How Our New Jersey Gun Crime Attorneys At Camili & Capo, PA Can Help When Facing Potentially Serious Consequences From A Guns Crime
A conviction for guns or weapons charges may mean a sentence that includes significant prison time. But you have rights and options for fighting back and protecting your freedom and future from the consequences of a conviction on guns and weapons charges in New Jersey. Camili & Capo, PA will fight to help you pursue a favorable outcome in your case, including by:
- Performing an independent investigation in your charges, not simply relying on evidence provided by the prosecution
- Helping you understand your legal rights and options and the possible outcomes in your charges
- Carefully reviewing the record to spot weaknesses in the state’s case which can help with having your charges reduced or even dismissed outright
- When your charges are subject to the Graves Act, aggressively pursuing a Graves Act waiver from the prosecution and court, which can help you avoid the prospect of significant prison time
- Taking your case to trial when it represents the best avenue for securing a positive outcome for your in your case
Guns and weapons charges are aggressively prosecuted in New Jersey. Get in touch with one of our weapon charge lawyers in Totowa, NJ who will fight back just as hard on your behalf.
Contact Camili & Capo, PA For A Free Case Review With Our Dedicated New Jersey Gun Crime Attorneys To Discuss Your Legal Options
New Jersey has some of the strictest gun laws in the entire country. If you are charged with a gun or weapons offense, you may be facing serious penalties in the event of a conviction, including prison time with mandatory minimum sentences. Don’t leave your freedom and future to chance in the criminal justice system. Talk to one of our weapon charge lawyers in Totowa, NJ that will aggressively fight for your rights and interests. Contact Camili & Capo, PA today for a free, confidential consultation with Krenar Camili, Esq. and Joseph Capo, Esq.