Serious Injury Attorneys in Totowa, NJ Seek Maximum Compensation for Clients Injured by Negligence in Passaic County, Hudson County, Essex County, Bergen County, And Throughout NJ
In the aftermath of a catastrophic injury, life becomes a complex jigsaw of physical, emotional, and financial challenges. At Camili & Capo, P.A., we are the New Jersey catastrophic injury lawyers who can help you put the pieces back together. We fight tenaciously for our clients to ensure that they are appropriately compensated for their injuries.
What Is a Catastrophic Injury?
The legal term "catastrophic injury" refers to severe injuries that significantly impact a victim's life, typically resulting in long-term or permanent disability or disfigurement. They may affect various body systems, including the spine, skull, brain, or limbs. Such injuries often require extensive medical treatment, rehabilitation, and long-term care, which can lead to overwhelming medical expenses and financial distress.
Catastrophic injuries can be the result of various incidents, including but not limited to:
- Car accidents
- Trucking accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Medical malpractice
- Dog bites
Types of Catastrophic Injuries
Catastrophic injuries are life-altering, often leading to permanent disability, severe pain, and significant lifestyle changes. Below are some common types of catastrophic injuries we handle at Camili & Capo, P.A.:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs): TBIs are among the most serious types of injuries a person can sustain. They can lead to lasting cognitive, physical, and behavioral changes. Symptoms can range from headaches, dizziness, and memory problems, to seizures, paralysis, and personality changes.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Damage to the spinal cord can result in partial or complete paralysis, including paraplegia and quadriplegia. These conditions have profound impacts on a victim’s life, often requiring lifelong medical care and assistance.
- Severe Burns: Serious burn injuries can be extremely painful and can lead to permanent disfigurement, scarring, and emotional trauma. They may also result in infections, organ damage, and other serious medical complications.
- Amputations: The loss of a limb, whether through a traumatic event or a necessary medical procedure following an accident, is a devastating and life-altering event. Amputees often face significant lifestyle adjustments and require long-term rehabilitation and prosthetics.
- Multiple Bone Fractures: While a single broken bone can be serious, multiple fractures can be catastrophic, often requiring surgeries, extended periods of immobilization, and physical therapy. Complex or multiple fractures can also lead to chronic pain and disability.
- Organ Damage: Blunt force trauma, puncture wounds, or medical malpractice can lead to significant internal injuries. Damage to the heart, lungs, liver, kidneys, or other internal organs can have serious, long-term health implications.
- Eye Injuries and Vision Loss: Serious injuries to the eye can result in partial or total vision loss. This not only impacts the victim’s ability to perform daily tasks, but it also affects their career prospects and overall quality of life.
- Hearing Loss and Ear Injuries: Injuries resulting in hearing loss can be deeply traumatic, impacting communication and leading to feelings of isolation and frustration.
These are just a few examples of catastrophic injuries. If you or a loved one has suffered a catastrophic injury due to someone else's negligence, the experienced serious injury attorneys in Totowa, NJ, at Camili & Capo, P.A., are here to help you. We understand the complexities of these cases and are committed to helping you seek the compensation you deserve.
- $88TWork Injury
- $35TSlip and Fall Accidents
- $20TCar Accidents
Catastrophic Injury Claims in New Jersey
In New Jersey, catastrophic injury victims are entitled to pursue a legal claim to recover their damages. This may include compensation for medical bills, lost wages, loss of future earnings, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other damages related to the injury.
However, filing a catastrophic injury claim in New Jersey involves various complexities. For instance, there are statutory time limits known as "statutes of limitations" that govern when a claim must be filed. Additionally, determining liability can be a complex process. New Jersey operates under a "modified comparative negligence" rule, meaning that if you are partially at fault for your injuries, your compensation may be reduced proportionally.
Why Choose Camili & Capo, P.A.?
Navigating through these complexities requires a deep understanding of New Jersey's personal injury law, solid litigation skills, and extensive experience. As premier New Jersey catastrophic injury lawyers, the legal team at Camili & Capo, P.A., possesses these qualities and more.
Our firm has a proven track record of securing favorable verdicts and settlements for catastrophic injury victims. We are dedicated to achieving justice for our clients and are committed to ensuring they receive full and fair compensation.
We provide personalized attention to each client, and we work tirelessly to build robust cases. Our attorneys thoroughly investigate each case, leveraging medical expertise, accident reconstruction, and other professional resources to substantiate the claims.
At Camili & Capo, P.A., we understand the life-altering effects of catastrophic injuries, and we empathize with the struggles our clients face. Therefore, we strive to alleviate their burden by providing the best legal representation possible.
Mr. Camili provided excellent service […] I highly recommend his firm.Hatije Kazaferi
Anyone who is in need of legal representation should contact Camili & Capo. This guy knows what he’s doing!Enver Mustafoski
His team has always gone above and beyond for me and my clients. I would highly recommend his firm to everyone.Besfort Ramadani
How We Can Help
Our serious injury attorneys in Totowa, NJ can assist you in various ways, including:
- Evaluating your claim: We will assess the merits of your case and advise you on the best course of action.
- Filing your claim: Our legal team can help you initiate the claims process, adhering to New Jersey's strict legal protocols and deadlines.
- Proving liability: We have the experience to identify all potential liable parties and the evidence needed to prove their negligence.
- Calculating damages: We work with financial and medical experts to accurately estimate the full extent of your current and future losses.
- Negotiating with insurance companies: Insurance companies often try to minimize payouts. We have the skills to negotiate effectively on your behalf and ensure you receive fair compensation.
- Litigation: If a satisfactory settlement cannot be reached, we are prepared to take your case to court and fight relentlessly for your rights.
Don't face this challenging time alone. Let the experienced New Jersey catastrophic injury lawyers at Camili & Capo, P.A. guide you through the legal process. Reach out to us today for a free consultation, and let us help you secure the compensation you deserve. Remember, there is no fee unless we win. We are here to stand by your side and advocate for your rights. Let's take the first step towards justice together.
*This is a general information and does not constitute legal advice. Always consult with a lawyer for personalized advice.
Contact Our Qualified New Jersey Catastrophic Injury Lawyers for a Free Case Evaluation Today
To schedule a free consultation with one of our serious injury attorneys in Totowa, NJ, call Camili & Capo, P.A., at (973) 834-8457. Let us help you navigate your catastrophic injury claim, fighting for the compensation you need and deserve.
At Camili & Capo, P.A., we turn your fight into ours.