Skilled Lyft Accident Attorney In Parsippany, NJ Handles Personal Injury And Rideshare Accident Cases In Morris County And Throughout New Jersey
Were you involved in a ridesharing accident with an Uber or Lyft driver? If so, we can help. Camili & Capo, PA’s experienced Parsippany Uber accident lawyer can help you gather evidence, file a claim, pursue compensation, and negotiate with Uber and Lyft’s insurers so that you are fully and fairly compensated for your accident-related losses and damages. Ridesharing accidents can be complex and can take time to build – and they can take even longer to decide – and in the meantime, you may be faced with lost income, medical treatment expenses, and other losses. Do not delay and contact our offices today.
Determining Liability And Compensation With Our Parsippany Uber Accident Lawyer
If you were injured in a Parsippany, NJ Uber or Lyft accident or have questions about personal injury and insurance law regarding ridesharing services, we are here to help.
Uber and Lyft drivers are classified as independent contractors, and this can make it difficult to hold Uber, Lyft, and/or their insurers liable for compensating the innocent accident victims that Uber and Lyft drivers injure while driving. Thankfully, New Jersey recently passed several laws to resolve this issue, and these new laws require rideshare companies such as Uber and Lyft to have different levels of insurance coverage that can be used to compensate accident victims.
The amount of insurance coverage that you may be entitled to from Uber or Lyft through drivers serving as contracted Uber or Lyft drivers depends on the circumstances at the time of the accident.
- Scenario A: If a driver is on their way to pick up a passenger or is actively transporting a passenger, then they must have at least $1.5 million per incident in bodily injury and property damage coverage, as well as at least $1.5 million in uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, and at least $10,000 in primary medical coverage.
- Scenario B: If a driver is logged into their rideshare app and is waiting for a ride request but is not actively transporting or heading to pick up a passenger, then they must have coverage of at least $50,000 per person/$100,000 per incident for bodily injuries, as well as at least $25,000 per incident for property damage coverage. Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage and personal injury liability as normally required by New Jersey will also apply.
- Scenario C: A driver who normally works as an Uber or Lyft driver is not logged into their app and is simply using their vehicle as a personal vehicle must have the normal state minimums in insurance coverage. If you are involved in an accident caused by such a driver, their insurance as well as your insurance can be used to compensate you for your accident-related losses.
These insurance limits apply to Uber and Lyft passengers, the occupants of other vehicles involved in an accident caused by an Uber or Lyft driver, as well as pedestrians, bicyclists, and Uber or Lyft drivers themselves.
Mr. Camili provided excellent service […] I highly recommend his firm.Hatije Kazaferi
Anyone who is in need of legal representation should contact Camili & Capo. This guy knows what he’s doing!Enver Mustafoski
His team has always gone above and beyond for me and my clients. I would highly recommend his firm to everyone.Besfort Ramadani
Our Parsippany Uber Accident Attorney Will Gather Evidence And Handle Your Case From Beginning To End
For each case and every scenario, our skillful Lyft accident attorney in Parsippany, NJ will review the case evidence and determine who was at fault and how much you may pursue as damages. This includes:
- Gathering evidence, such as photos, police reports, and eyewitness accounts.
- Quantifying your losses.
- Identifying who is liable for the accident.
- Determining the insurance limits that apply to your case.
- Negotiating on your behalf with insurers and other corporate entities, as needed.
- Representing you in court if your case goes to trial.
Do not underestimate the long-term losses that can accrue from a vehicle accident. According to the National Institutes of Health, motor vehicle accidents are a leading cause of spinal cord injuries – a catastrophic type of injury. Furthermore, the NHTSA reports that vehicle accidents are a leading cause of accidental death in the United States.
From whiplash and brain injuries to broken bones and scarring or disfigurement, an accident can have serious, long-term consequences. You should not have to pay for treatments or suffer other accident-related losses such as lost income or an inability to work that were caused by the negligence or errors of another party. Our Lyft accident attorney in Parsippany, NJ will fight on your behalf so that you can focus on recovering while we do the heavy lifting of getting you the insurance settlement you deserve.
- $88TWork Injury
- $35TSlip and Fall Accidents
- $20TCar Accidents
Contact Camili & Capo, PA’s Lyft Accident Attorney In Parsippany, NJ For Legal Assistance Today
We understand how being injured in an Uber or Lyft accident can leave you injured, unable to work, and unable to pay for the medical treatments and care you need. When you choose our Parsippany Uber accident lawyer, we will investigate your case, build a strong and effective legal claim, and will identify the at-fault parties and insurance coverages that you can use to cover your losses. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation initial evaluation.
About Parsippany, New Jersey
The township of Parsippany-Troy Hills in Morris County, New Jersey is simply known as Parsippany.
Though Parsippany isn’t exactly a hotspot for vacationers, the area’s natural charm draws in a sizable crowd each year. These days, visitors flock to Parsippany to enjoy its many popular attractions, including its shopping mall, restaurants, and outdoor activities.