Compassionate Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys In Totowa, NJ Advocate For Abuse Victims And Their Families In Passaic County, Hudson County, Essex County, Bergen County, And Throughout NJ
We trust nursing homes to care for our elderly loved ones when their physical and medical needs become too much for family members to take care of on their own. Unfortunately, this leaves too many older adults vulnerable to abuse and neglect inflicted by nursing home staff or through the inaction of nursing home operators. When you and your family have had a loved one suffer injury or medical emergency due to abuse or neglect from their nursing home, turn to New Jersey nursing home negligence lawyers from Camili & Capo PA for help in demanding accountability and justice for your loved one.
At our firm, our nursing home abuse attorneys in Totowa, NJ believe that your loved one who has suffered from nursing home abuse and neglect should be fully compensated for the financial and personal losses they have endured. Nursing homes and their insurers will do whatever they can to get you and your family to accept far less than the compensation amount your loved one deserves. But when your family is represented by Camili & Capo PA, insurers will know that you have experienced litigators in your corner who will fight as long as necessary to recover compensation and justice for your loved one and your family.
If you and your family have had a loved one suffer from abuse or neglect in a nursing home, reach out to our firm today for a free case evaluation to learn how New Jersey nursing home negligence lawyers from Camili & Capo PA can help your family to protect your loved one’s health and safety and to pursue the accountability and justice they deserve for the harm they have endured.
Mr. Camili provided excellent service […] I highly recommend his firm.Hatije Kazaferi
Anyone who is in need of legal representation should contact Camili & Capo. This guy knows what he’s doing!Enver Mustafoski
His team has always gone above and beyond for me and my clients. I would highly recommend his firm to everyone.Besfort Ramadani
Signs Of Nursing Home Abuse
Unfortunately, many nursing home residents lack the ability to reach out for help themselves when they are victimized by nursing home abuse or neglect. Some victims of abuse or neglect may feel embarrassed or ashamed to report that they have been victimized. Some victims may have their means of calling for help withheld from them by their abusers as part of the abuse. And some victims of nursing home abuse or neglect who suffer from dementia and other cognitive and memory issues may not even realize what is happening to them. That makes it important for family and friends to know and look out for the signs of nursing home abuse and neglect in their loved ones. Some of the most common signs include:
- Bone fractures, head injuries, and other fall injuries
- Multiple injuries in various stages of healing
- Frequent trips to the ER or hospital
- Frequent infections or untreated infections
- Illnesses not being timely reported to the resident’s physician and family
- New sexually transmitted infections
- Bruising or bleeding around the private areas of a resident’s body
- Incidents of wandering/elopement
- Bedsores/pressure ulcers
- Unsanitary conditions in a resident’s room or the common areas
- Soiled or torn clothing or bedding
- Broken glasses, watches, or other personal property
- Heavy medication or sedation
- Becoming withdrawn, anxious, depressed, or agitated
- Unusual or sudden changes in behavior, especially adopting soothing behaviors like rocking or mumbling
- Wanting to be isolated
- Fear of staff members or being left alone with staff, or reluctance to speak in the presence of staff
- Personal property going missing from a resident’s room
- Unexplained financial transactions in a resident’s financial accounts, or unexplained changes to the resident’s estate planning documents
- $88TWork Injury
- $35TSlip and Fall Accidents
- $20TCar Accidents
What Can New Jersey Nursing Home Negligence Lawyers From Our Firm Do To Help Your Family Pursue Accountability And Justice For Your Loved One?
If you are unsure of where to turn for help after you have had a loved one suffer from nursing home abuse or neglect, let New Jersey nursing home negligence lawyers from Camili & Capo PA help you get the financial recovery and justice for your loved one you deserve by:
- Investigating your claims of nursing home abuse or neglect to recover evidence we can use to prove the liability of the nursing home and nursing home staffers for the harm your loved one has suffered.
- Assisting your family with moving your loved one to a safer living situation, if necessary.
- Documenting the expenses and losses that you and your loved one have incurred to calculate what full compensation looks like in your case.
- Filing your demands for compensation with the nursing home and its insurers to begin aggressively pursuing a settlement that provides your family with fair and full compensation.
- Going to court if necessary to hold negligent or reckless nursing home operators accountable for the harm that has been inflicted on your loved one through abuse and neglect.
Contact Camili & Capo PA Today For A Free Initial Consultation To Speak To Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys In Totowa, NJ About Your And Your Family’s Legal Options
Don’t wait to act when you have had a loved one be injured due to nursing home abuse or neglect. Contact Camili & Capo PA for a free, no-obligation case review to learn more about your loved ones and your family’s legal rights and options for pursuing accountability and justice from those who commit abuse and neglect.