Knowledgeable Assault Crime Lawyers In Totowa, NJ Defend Clients Facing Serious Assault And Battery Charges In Passaic County, Hudson County, Essex County, Bergen County, And Throughout NJ
Assault-related offenses, including simple assault, aggravated assault, battery, or sexual assault, constitute serious crimes under New Jersey law. If you’ve been charged with assault, you may be facing the possibility of significant jail or prison time and fines. And the consequences of a conviction and criminal record can impact your personal and professional life for years after your conviction and after you’ve completed your sentence. Assault crimes are vigorously investigated and prosecuted in New Jersey. So If you have been arrested for and charged with assault in New Jersey, you need one of our aggressive New Jersey assault charge attorneys who can handle whatever police and prosecutors may throw at you in your case.
At Camili & Capo, PA, attorneys Krenar Camili, Esq. and Joseph Capo, Esq. bring years of experience in New Jersey’s criminal justice system to help clients facing charges of assault or other crimes. As a former prosecutor, Krenar Camili knows how the state of New Jersey prepares criminal cases against defendants and can identify the potential weaknesses in the prosecution’s case against you to give you an important advantage in building an effective legal defense strategy.
Contact Camili & Capo, PA for a free initial case evaluation to discuss your legal rights and options if you are facing charges of assault and to learn more about how a knowledgeable criminal defense attorney can help you pursue the best possible outcome for your case.
Penalties For An Assault Conviction In New Jersey
In New Jersey, the penalties for an assault conviction depend on whether you have been charged with simple assault or aggravated assault. Simple assault, which includes attempting to cause or knowingly or purposely causing injury, negligently causing injury with a weapon, or putting another person in reasonable fear of imminent serious injury, is typically charged as a disorderly persons offense, which carries a potential sentence of up to six months in jail and/or a fine of up to $1,000.
Aggravated assault constitutes a more serious criminal offense. Aggravated assault is defined as:
- Attempting to cause or purposely causing injury, while exhibiting extreme indifference to the value of human life
- Attempting to cause or purposely causing injury with a deadly weapon
- Recklessly causing injury with a deadly weapon
- Pointing a firearm at another person under circumstances exhibiting extreme indifference to the value of human life
- Committing a simple assault upon a police officer, corrections officer, firefighter, EMS, school official, child social worker, judge, motorcoach or rail employee, utility employee, or healthcare worker, while they are in the course of their duties
- Causing bodily injury while fleeing or eluding law enforcement
- Causing bodily injury by purposely starting a fire or explosion
- Recklessly causing bodily injury to a victim of domestic violence
Aggravated assault is charged, depending on the circumstances of the offense, as a fourth-degree crime, which carries a sentence of up to 18 months in prison, a third-degree crime, which carries a potential sentence of three to five years in prison, or a second-degree crime, which can result in a sentence of five to 10 years in prison.
Mr. Camili provided excellent service […] I highly recommend his firm.Hatije Kazaferi
Anyone who is in need of legal representation should contact Camili & Capo. This guy knows what he’s doing!Enver Mustafoski
His team has always gone above and beyond for me and my clients. I would highly recommend his firm to everyone.Besfort Ramadani
Dedicated New Jersey Assault Charge Attorneys From Camili & Capo, PA Can Help Protect Your Rights And Interests Against Charges Of Assault
When you are facing assault charges, your freedom and future are at stake. Turn to one of our experienced New Jersey assault charge attorneys who’s taken some of the most complex criminal cases to trial and knows what it takes to advocate a jury to fight for a favorable verdict. Let Camili & Capo, PA handle all the aspects of your criminal defense, including:
- Investigating your charges to recover evidence favorable to your defense, so that your case doesn’t rely solely on evidence provided by the prosecution
- Identifying potential factual and legal defenses that may be available to you, such as arguing that you were acting in self-defense
- Aggressively pursuing a reduction or dismissal of your charges to help you mitigate or avoid the worst possible consequences of a conviction
- Taking your defense to trial to put before a jury, if necessary, and advocating for a not-guilty verdict
Facing criminal charges may be one of the most critical events in your life. That’s why you need a battle-tested litigator who has the confidence and experience to fight for your rights and interests as long and as hard as it takes.
Contact Or Call Camili & Capo, PA For A Free, Confidential Case Review With Our Trusted New Jersey Assault Charge Attorneys To Learn More About Your Legal Rights And Options
A conviction for assault can result in the imposition of serious criminal penalties, while the stigma of a criminal record can follow you for the rest of your life. Don’t leave your freedom and future to the mercy of the criminal justice system. Get in touch with one of our aggressive assault crime lawyers in Totowa, NJ who will fight to protect your rights and interests. Contact Camili & Capo, PA today for a free consultation to learn more about what you can do to defend yourself against assault charges.